Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ideas for Fallout 4

1 - A grittier story--- Now, after I played New Vegas, as I usually do, I do a retrospective for 30 minutes. For NV, I determined it was too silly and didn't hold the same feel as Fallout 3. The story felt like it was trying to be light hearted and not serious. I felt no remorse after killing another faction for the NCR. In fact, I felt it was funny. Fallout 4 should include a type of moral dilemma that, as the leaked casting call photos prove, make the protagonist make a decision for the future of the wasteland or his family, with of course, less silliness. I still want wild wasteland, though.

2 - Weather system--- In honest hearts, it rained. that's all we got from Fallout concerning weather. I feel, as Fallout 4 is most likely going to be set in Boston, AND is on Next gen, that we should have chemical rain and thunder storms. Of course, above all else, I want cruel snowy winters that force the player to wear thick clothes that compromise movement so they don't die of hypothermia, and also allow the player to make camps and fire to keep warm. I feel as if the weather system could be perfect for stealth. For example, in snowy weather, the enemies cannot see you in the rural parts of Boston because the snow is to thick and heavy. In VATS, you wouldn't be able to target because you can't see. If you stealthily pick off people in the snow, no-one will find you and you won't even have to engage in open combat. In rain, you can walk fast whilst crouched and no-one will hear you, allowing you to get up close and personal with an enemy to dispatch of them quietly. There is so much you can do with the weather to change combat and gameplay.

3 - Guns feel powerful--- In previous installments, guns being shot at super mutants, deathclaws, people even, didn't feel powerful. None of these people even flinched when being shot or showed emotion unless hit with a critical hit. Let's make the guns feel powerful. People show emotion when being hit on their facial expressions, they git hit in their right arm, their right arm pulls back and they scream. Blow their weapon arm off and leave them until they bleed out. We need to be shown that our actions do damage and aren't futile.

4 - Truly "open" world--- In Fallout 3, we were forced to use subway tunnels to get to our destination and it took away from the openness of the map. I felt as if I couldn't go and explore what I saw. We can make it where we walk around freely and go where we see. Open doors in real time and don't use loading screens unless you are entering a new area of the map that needs to be loaded. With next gen technology we can make doors have animations for opening, going into a new building with a loading screen is not next gen.

5 - Customization--- Pretty simple. I want it to be like Skyrim where you can put on rings, boots, necklaces, tops, bottoms, helmets, gloves, etc. Although, I do want to be able to customize my camp with new colors, camo, and beds. I also want to customize my Armour with decals I made that represent my factions and play style.

No comments:

Post a Comment